Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dog Crate Cover




This project was not as easy as it could have been. I didn't have it all planned out or a pattern for it.
I started with the top panel and added to it.
All of the fabric along the bottom of the crate is just tied on.
I made stab incisions at the bottom edge and used a thin sliver or fabric to tie it down.
The back side can also be rolled up if desired.
I made a roll down front for the crate and attached 2 bows to hold it up by making stab incisions and then threading thru a thin piece of material to make the bow.
I made a name plate out of Shrinky Dink paper.
I have a new puppy who will likely tear the cover off once he discovers it.
When he does, I will make a new cover with pictures and an easy tutorial.

This is a XL dog crate that I got for FREE from Craigs List. It was rusty and missing the pan.
I painted the crate with Rustoleum paint.
I replaced the pan with one from Rural King for $13.
It looks brand new now. It's a bit large for my little 5 lb puppy but it was free!

No comments:

Post a Comment